Yes, Drew and I are celebrating 6 years of marriage today!!
If you didn't know, here's the short version:
I met Sarah (his sister who now lives with us, and has for five years) in college back in January of 2001. We hit it off and both became RAs that fall. As we got to know each other better, she said, "I think you and my brother would get along." I liked her and their family a lot so I remember thinking, "Even if he's not perfect, it'd be worth it to get into this family."
So, I accompanied her to Thanksgiving at their aunt and uncle's house in Globe, AZ. First impressions? He thought I was younger than I was and I thought he was OK. My "type" was taller, with dark hair. Heehee. We figured it'd be a weekend gig and that would be that.
We did enjoy our weekend together but upon returning home, began IM-ing and e-mailing, then talking on the phone every day. We became a couple the next time we saw each other, which was mid-December. We were engaged Fed. 23, exactly three months after meeting.
We were long-distance until he moved to Phoenix in June. Then we got married in August and lived together in an apartment while I finished school and did my student teaching.
In August of '03, we found our new home and moved there. Sarah joined us in October.
Six years has flown by!! Now we have Andrew, of course, which has added tremendously to our joy. We've seen a lot of job changes, financial ups and downs, church-related drama and family growth (I now have three nephews and a niece!). We have taken bazillions of pictures and made hundreds of amazing memories.
Drew still surprises me. Thinking about him still makes me tingle. Our life together is amazing and I feel so incredibly blessed.
Here we are on our wedding day...

...and on date night in May.
Ten things I love about my hubby (I'm limiting myself here--the list could go on):
1. He gives me the freedom to be myself--the best and the worst.
2. He's the perfect mix of intelligence, wit and sensitivity.
3. He still surprises me. He sneaks up on me, yes, but he also surprises me with his insight and caring.
4. He's an excellent father, far beyond my expectations.
5. He treats everyone with kindness.
6. He thinks I'm beautiful. Like, even first thing in the morning. And no matter my weight. And even when I'm hugely pregnant! Amazing.
7. He's snuggly.
8. He loves the Lord.
9. He's so handsome and manly :)
10. He's perfect for me (and, frankly, I'm perfect for him, too).
I love you, Drew!!!
(For more "Ode to Drew," check out the Father's Day post.
http://findingmyselfingraceville.blogspot.com/2008/06/happy-fathers-day.html

No comments:
Post a Comment