Friday, August 31, 2007

My First Post

Yeah, yeah, yeah, another woman who thinks someone gives a rip about what's going on in her piddly little life. Yup, that's me!! You're here, ain'tcha??
Just for the record, I set up my first blog waaaaay before EVERYONE I KNOW started blogging. I read about mom bloggers in a magazine and thought, "Hey, people compliment me on my writing and I like to talk...I should do it!" but never got around to really giving it a "go."
Why now?? Because despite EVERYONE I KNOW having their own blog, it amazes me at how DIFFERENT they all are and how everyone has their own unique perspective on their little corner of the world! It's like taking a walk through my neighborhood at night and being able to peek inside the front windows of my neighbor's homes. It feels a little intrusive but I can't resist! I always wondered what was going on in there, anyway!
As for me, I read blogs for many different reasons. There's ones I know will have an inspirational message to brighten my day. Ones with moms who have similar parenting philosophies, so on the days when I feel like I'm the only one doing things the way I do them, I know I can read their posts and go, "Phew, it's not just me." Ones that address specific issues, like decorating or being a pastor's kid. And ones that are just...interesting!!
There's a handful that I try to keep up with throughout the week. Of those, there's one that always makes me smile...one that makes me think, "Wow, I've got it so easy compared to her!"...one that aggrevates me because I think, "Why would she think anyone would want to READ all of these minute details of her life??"...one that I read purely out of sick curiosity...one that seems to always address the parenting issue I'm grappling with on that particular day...you get the idea. It's a nice variety!
So, yes, I begin this venture at the risk of falling into any or all of those categories for the women who read this blog!! I see blogs as a chance to see "how the other half lives." To find out what's important to the people around me. Basically, to give a person the chance to "go off on" a topic or articulate their point of view, uninterupted. And that's what I intend to do here.
Y'know what? Normal is boring. And I'm not normal. And proud of it. I think I have a lot to offer. Not necessarily wisdom or insight...just something...NEW! I kinda do a lot of weird stuff. Stuff you might like to try!! :)
So...I hope you find your place here. I just want you to take away SOMEthing from your visit. An interesting tidbit, a new place to go, a web site you hadn't heard about...whatever! Or maybe you'll just be happy to peak through my livingroom window to see what we're up to.
Welcome to Graceville. Enjoy your stay.

No comments: