It occurs to me that there may be someone who reads this who really doesn't know what grits are!! I'll dedicate the next post to you!! :)
GRITS actually stands for Girl(s) Raised In The South. That's me! I spent my first twenty years in the Sunshine State of Florida. So, yes, I'm a Southern girl at heart and proud of it! You'll probably hear a little Southern twang here and there or catch a few Southern-isms. I tend to do more of that when I'm worked up about something. Consider yourself warned.
My parents and I moved to Arizona in 1998 and when we hear Southern accents on TV, we ask each other, "Did we sound like that??" YES!! We did!! My dad has retained the accent the most, me, the least. For the first two years or so in Arizona, people often asked, "Where are you from?" I never get that question anymore, at least not solely based on my pattern of speech.
So...there you have it. There's an official web site, too, and YES, I own a green T-shirt with their logo on it! Maybe I'll take a picture of me wearing it for ya! :) http://www.gritsinc.com/.
For more information on Florida, visit http://www.visitflorida.com/.
Saturday, September 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey there. I've never posted a comment on a blog before. So, you, pretty lady, are my first. I must say that you have a handsome husband, and a very adorable child. One of the cutest, I've ever seen, in fact.
So you grew up in Graceville? Don't you long for the coountry life again? This summer has been so nice in my little corner of the woods. The birds singing every morning, and the crickets chirping at night, and the water babbling in the pond. Of course, one can get that all on CD, but it is a bit harder to "can" open sky and rustling trees.
Keep blogging. Your life is very interesting. Teachermama
Post a Comment