Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nana's coming!!

Hello!! If you know me well, you know I love hosting--especially over-night company!! I've been preparing for my mom's stay for weeks and she's finally arriving tonight! Yes, she only lives 50 miles away and yes, she stays overnight pretty often--but she's on summer break and I wanted to make it extra-special.

Tonight we're doing pedicures with all the fabulous foot treatments I just bought. There will be soaking, a foot mask, tea tree oil lotion...aaaahhhh. We'll be having us some Oreo ice cream cake, too!! And maybe watching a girly movie, but we're both prone to not making it to the end of movies, so we'll see!!

Tomorrow, she's coming to "work" with us to get THAT full experience. Getting picked up, going to the yard, getting lunch, the ride home...it should be a hoot!! Tuesday and Andrew will be thrilled to have a new playmate! I'll be taking my camera since it's hard to actually watch them and take pictures at the same time--they are so cute together!!

After that, we'll be crafting while Andrew naps (we hope). Then Thursday night is the official movie night, plus a yummy pasta dinner. We also plan to go to Hobby Lobby (my mother has never been and the only one for 100 miles is five minutes from my house!!) and taking Andrew to a splash pad. Fun for everyone!!

I've been getting the guest room/Andrew's room all spruced up. You can check out the preparations over at my public blog, the link is at the top of the right sidebar.
This is a picture I didn't post on my public blog, since it's a close-up with so many personal pictures. Mom coming inspired me to take everyone off, dust and rearrange it all. There are some of my favorite pictures up there!!



I'll be posting pictures of our fun and revelry here so check back!

OK, I'm off to do more straightening and vacuuming!!

No comments: