SHE'S PREGNANT!! I couldn't be more thrilled!! I love all things pregnancy, baby and mothering so I love it when ANYone gets pregnant--but especially HER!! She already has a little boy who will be two in November. They are very excited to be adding to their family. Her hubby is an old friend of mine, too. I had this group of guy friends in high school who all lived on the other side of town and all inter-dated my girlfriends. I, ironically, didn't date any of them. I advised them plenty, though! So she and her man are the only two who actually ended up together; everyone else married someone "outside of the group." She and her hubby are near and dear to my heart.
Not surprisingly, many of the guys from that group now all live back in the same neighborhood in Jacksonville, Florida again, with their prospective wives. That's probably where I'd be, too, if I were still there. It's somehow reassuring, imagining them all back there, having barbecues and raising kids together. Of my closest former guy friends, one had his second child recently and the other just had his first baby. The guy I had a crush on in the beginning, who is a lot of the reason I got sucked into their group...his wife is due with their first in September. It warms my heart.
So here's the story on Mel. We met when I was new to town in fifth grade and became fast friends. BFF, even. We were best friends, well, ever since. She took it the hardest when my parents and I moved to Arizona back in '98. It was so hard to leave her. She's the only friend who has made the trip to Arizona from Florida in the ten years that we have lived here. She came once when we first moved here, then again for my wedding. I traveled back for her wedding, too. She's someone who shows up in my dreams a lot, like she's all wrapped up deep in my subconscious. Or maybe she represents some part of me that is just symbolic in my dreams--like my more intelligent self. Hmm.
ANYway, this is us at our high school graduation. She's far left and I'm in the middle. The other gal is Jen.

She's pregnant with her first and due in November with a boy. I miss her something awful. We got married during the same summer so neither could be in the other's wedding. I've only seen her once since we moved apart, at Mel's wedding.

She and Mel and I were super-close our senior year of high school. They really "made" my senior year, largely due to having lunch at Mel's house every day, and Jen and I having marine biology together.
I didn't want to have a baby in November. It's an insane month! My birthday and my mom's birthday, then my brother went and married a gal with a November birthday. When I thought I was pregnant and calculated a Nov. 20 due date, I about fell out. Then I laughed. God has a great sense of humor. Then Mel got pregnant and was due in November--with a boy. My SIL, the one with the November birthday? She was due in January--phew!! Then ended up giving birth early, on November 30, so my nephew eeked in to November, too. Unbelievable.
When Mel called yesterday, she reminded me, "Yeah, now Jen is due with a boy in November, too."
Oh...my...gosh.
How weird is that??? I love it!!!
I don't know what all that means but it's hilarious to me!!
So, yes, I'm very excited about my friends being pregnant! Bummed that I'm not preggers with them?? Oh, yeah. If not for the miscarriage, I'd have been due right between them. Jen is due in November and Mel is due near Valentine's Day. I'd have been due end of December. But...it's all good! The timing with Andrew--despite the November due date--couldn't have been more perfect. I know God has a plan.
I feel like the whole "three boys in November" thing is another way God says, "I know and I care. I've got everything under control."
I will wait on the Lord. Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
That's worth waiting for! And there's plenty to celebrate in the meantime.
Thanks for walking with me on this trip down memory lane!!

No comments:
Post a Comment