Monday, April 28, 2008

5 weeks

Yes, the positive pregnancy tests just keep coming!! I finally found my camera today, just tucked inside a drawer, and got to take a REAL picture of a positive test!! It makes me feel better to see it, so obvious and...PINK. It's the line on the right that spells p-r-e-g-n-a-n-t. When you've seen several negatives, you feel like it's a trick of the eye or something. But, no...it's pretty clear!!


ANYway, I've now completed five weeks of pregnancy and still feel fine. I'm sort of waiting for the other shoe to drop because it seems strange to still feel this well. With Andrew, I was exhausted and nauseated every night from about 6pm on, up until month 3.5! Maybe I won't get that this time??? Every pregnancy is different, they say! I feel a little icky off and on all day but nothing major and I have been napping, but just as a preventative measure. Food still tastes good but sweets and coffee, just like last time, have lost their appeal. I did treat myself to a hot fudge sundae with nuts at McD's today! Mmmmm. Besides that, I'm being quite good, nutrition-wise.
We're still working through the doctor vs. midwife question but I am in contact with our midwife and have an appointment set up for mid-June to be checked out and hear the heartbeat. That was really exciting last time--we even recorded it as my voice mail message for people to hear!
We celebrated with my parents on Saturday. They got me a lovely card and a new maternity top. Yeah!! Thankfully, regular clothes look like maternity these days so it makes it easier. I just want to be comfortable and if people assume I'm pregnant--well, I am!! So what's the difference? I love being pregnant and love my growing belly so I'm going to make the most of it.
And my official "month one" belly shot, even though it was really five weeks. Don't even THINK about commenting on how I look three months along already--not OK. I carried Andrew to 41 weeks and he weighed 8 lbs. 4 oz. so give me a break!!

Here's week 5 from Andrew's pregnancy. That flat pre-baby belly. Siiiggghhh....Hey, I just got de ja vu. Weird.

That's about it for this week although I'll also add that Andrew's "terrible twos" have been in full effect this week--it's like he can sense my tiredness or something. We're dealing. At least he still naps.

No comments: