Saturday, April 5, 2008

Saturday revelry

A good day, indeed. Started with breakfast and coffee by the pool at my folks' house. Here's Dad and I, so relaxed.

This was my view--plenty of birds to watch and a nice breeze. A leisurely breakfast on an Arizona spring morning is glorious. Plus, no Andrew to have to watch around the pool or drag my mom away to play!

This cracks me up...this plant (some type of succulent??) looks like an underwater coral of some sort so my mom found this little fishy to go with it! Heehee.

Then Mom and I did some shopping. I got new sunglasses!! I'm wearing contacts now so I finally get to wear cute shades again!!
We also spent well over an hour at Mom's nearby Goodwill. It's HUGE and must get a lot of volume cuz they do a half-price sale every-other Saturday. I haven't "thrifted" in forever and we could've spent all afternoon there. BUT, I did score what I set out for--crafty items (I found thread and embroidery hoops), new skirts (all $3.50 or less)...


...and some children's books. This is one of the charming illustrations:

And this one of some yum-yums. I love the colors!!

I even found set of red pegs for Andrew's room. Woo-hoo!! I got a few coloring books for about 35 cents each, too, which he dug right into. He's enjoying a Cheezit in this shot.

OH! And I found an over-the-seat car organizer (I think that's what it is) for all his goodies. He liked putting things in the pockets.

THIS is a hoot...my home-based jewelry business is called "Cookie Lee" and there's this brand at Mervyn's with Cookie in it's name--so I found this hat! It even has bling!! Andrew had to try it on, of course.

After that, I headed BACK across town to a baby shower for my friend, Tiffany! This is me and the mom-to-be.

She's full term and could literally go at any time. We're looking forward to meeting little Max!! The shower was very laid-back and pleasant--and I even won a prize (a mini rose bush) for guessing her favorite lullaby!!
All in all, a fine day. A day much-needed.
How was yours????

No comments: