When it comes to birthdays and Mother's Day, I like buying things that the recipient wouldn't buy for herself. Something frivolous, pretty and maybe a little impractical!
I love what headtotoe2007 has on Etsy. Gift baskets!! The contents are handmade and the basket is reusable.
Here's her site:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5250233
Here's what my grandmother in Florida is getting from my Mom and me. "Headtotoe" is shipping it to her directly--how easy is that??? Besides the beautiful basket and liner, it includes a pillow case for the travel pillow she uses with her favorite chair (the larger one is pictured, but I wanted you to see the print called "peony"), hand soap and a reversible tissue box cover WITH tissues.


In a word? Delightful. No, she doesn't NEED a pink tissue box cover or a fancy pillow case for her pillow--but won't she LOVE it?? What a treat, right?? I think she'll adore it.
There's also THIS basket available with kitchen items. How cute is this stuff??? It includes the basket the liner, the reversible tissue box cover, a kitchen towel and a pot holder. I love the polka dots!!


The BEST part?? You can purchase it and have it shipped--all for under $40. Go in on it with a family member!!
This one's for my mom. She had to OK it because I had such a hard time choosing between all the gorgeous totes from "baffinbags" on Etsy.
She's at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5119794
It's flip flops--perfect for my mom--with the matching mini-wallet. Her bags are amazing, with all these pockets on the inside. The quality is fantastic.

As for my mother-in-law in another state, she's getting this mini-wallet and tissue cover in the "pink acanthus floral" fabric. Depending on my budget, I'd like to slip a gift card into the wallet as an extra treat. Somewhere she CAN'T buy something for her kids!! These are from "Sew Gracious" on Etsy and she has a lovely assortment of affordable items, many with free shipping!! She's at
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5084340


I've purchased multiple times from these ladies and they are wonderful. Hop on over and check them out!!

No comments:
Post a Comment