So I finally said to myself, "What are the odds of having another boy, the same size, at the same time of year?" Granted, we wear summer clothes here about 10 months out of the year, but still. And then there's the issue of storing them and the space they take up, plus keeping track of them and getting them out when the time is right (if ever). Imagine my disappointment if I had a girl next, THEN a boy...even if they were the same size during the same season, it would all be outdated by then, anyway!!
I'd much rather have the cash or credit now, free up the space and let other moms enjoy the cute clothes. There's a lot of stuff from the past two summers that I know will sell really well, now that we're in triple digits here. So they are all bagged up and ready to go, along with quite a few toys he's no longer interested in. And, hey, it's good recycling!! And I can always buy more. I also reminded myself that I have pictures of him in most of my favorite clothes, anyway.
This one he wore on Mother's Day '06. Isn't it darling?? Yep, I gave it up.

Then this "Little Firecracker" shirt from Memorial Day '06. Wow, he has grown.
And this gecko outfit, June '06.
.jpg)
Why keep it when I have such a cute picture of it??
And you know this will be a hit for July 4th. He wore July '06.

I even got rid of his super-cute stuff from last summer, including some nice brands! Like this one, April '07.
.jpg)
And July '07. He lived in these rompers, both summers. Now I'll be able to justify buying new ones for the next kid!!

So, the only stuff I kept was generic newborn since I can definitely use that again.
So if you're hanging onto your kids' clothes, may I suggest consigning them? Or even donating them! I feel so much better and I bet you will, too!

1 comment:
I'm proud of you, I am that mom that still has everything. Premie to current. Its all boxed up, labled and in my closet. I did have the good luck of having two boys the fist on Feb. the second in March, so saving clothes has been great. One thing I do, you might want to try, is any outfit or t-shirt that has a specila meaning to them or me, I cut out a square of it and I save it. I have the intend on having a quilt made with their squares. Patrick even has some really cool artwork his school transformed into a square for the quilt. Just a suggestion.:)
Post a Comment