Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Oh, how I love Thanksgiving! Here's my top ten reasons for "Why I Love Thanksgiving."
1. It's All-American. Politics aside, other countries don't really "get it." I love it that America has a day set aside just to give thanks!!
2. There's football involved, which is hands-down my favorite sport to watch.
3. It's in the fall, my favorite season. Leaves, cooler temperatures, pumpkin pie--it's all there.
4. Four-day weekend, baby!! More time with family and friends.
5. It's all about family and being thankful--what could be better?? I love spending time with my in-laws, especially my mother-in-law, and showing off Andrew. I kind of always wanted to be a part of a big family so it's a hoot to have a full house.
6. Ok, folks--FOOD. I love food and turkey happens to be my favorite meat. I especially love the day-after-Thanksgiving turkey sandwich. Mmmmmm.
7. Let's not forget SHOPPING!! By the way--did you know that it's called "Black Friday" because, back in the 70s, there was a concern about the harm to the environment with everyone out driving around on the same day and their cars emitting fumes??? AND, all of our spending puts retailers "in the black." Cool, huh??
8. Drew and I met on Thanksgiving weekend so going back to Globe every year is that much more special because it celebrates our first meeting. We met T-giving of '01 and by T-giving of '02, had been married for two months! We went back in '03 and '04, then in '05, we missed it cuz I was four days overdue with Andrew and didn't want to risk going into labor two hours away from home. We were back last year with him learning to walk and will be back this year. I'll include some pictures soon.
Onward!
9. Dessert! Goes with food but deserves to be separate. In Globe, we celebrate Drew's aunt and uncles anniversary and my birthday, so besides pie, there's also cake. I love cake.
10. Remembering all the blessings in my life. I am so, so very blessed. We have much to be thankful for. I really try to have an "Attitude of Gratitude" all year long, not taking anything for granted and continually thanking God for all the ways He pours His love out to us. I have an amazing and loving husband; a healthy and adorable son; a supportive and fun-loving family; wonderful friends; an awesome church home; a beautiful house; every material possession I could dream of; a cute car that runs; the ideal job, working with a friend I love; good health all around...the list could fill pages.
So...I hope you enjoy all the things you love most about Thanksgiving this weekend. I've got Cinnamon buns in the oven and freshly-brewed coffee waiting, plus more packing to do, so I'm off!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
2005, in the valley because I was due to have Andrew any day.

2006 in Globe with Andrew perfecting his walking skills.

1 comment:

The Smiths said...

As always, loving your blog and ALL of your reasons to LOVE Thanksgiving! Hope that it was WONDERFUL!!! :)