Thursday, November 1, 2007

Oy Vay!

OK, I don't know how to spell Yiddish but I know "Oy vay" is how I'm feeling tonight. Can you say "long week?" And, goodness, the weeks ahead...wow.
November is THE month. OK, here goes:
1. my parents' anniversary (37 years!)
2. my brother's wife's birthday
3. my nephew's 1st birthday (whose mom's birthday is mentioned above...and he was due in January but eked in on Nov. 30!!)
4. my other nephew's 2nd birthday, born just a couple weeks ahead of Andrew
5. my mom's birthday
6. MY birthday
7. Andrew's birthday
PLUS, a cousin's wedding and, of course, Thanksgiving. Phew.
Um...yeah. I was so resolved to NOT have a November baby that I should've known I'd end up with one. Then my brother had to go and marry a girl with a November birthday--then she had the nerve to give birth in November!! I tell ya. Heehee.
Plus I'm attending a boutique event with my jewelry tomorrow, Andrew in tow. Should be fun! :) And Saturday, I'm hosting about 25 ladies at our house for a home-based business networking event. Then I'm starting a new Bible study on Tuesday nights, attempting to finish another study I've been doing for a while, and have two jewelry shows at the end of the week, too. OH! And I'm writing and "acting" in a skit at church Sunday!
So, yeah, I do bring it upon myself to a large degree. Which is why Drew's not even allowed to LOOK at me until April. No more end-of-the-year babies for us. I'm super-duper-resolved this time. Really.
Not looking for pity here, promise. I actually love it--thrive on it, even. I had a good 18 months after Andrew was born of living a really simple, slow-paced life, so it was bound to end sometime. Welcome to reality, huh?? I can't even imagine life with a "real" job or multiple kids. Whoa. How do so many of you do it???
Anyway, that's me tonight. Gotta give myself a much-needed pedicure, pack up my jewels, clean up a little, etc. I'm happy, though. Feeling way better, laying off the sugar and feeling good about life. I'm blessed!!
Hope your month ahead is less crazy than mine!! And, YES, I will still make time for you to come over for a cup of tea--always!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a crazy life, but I never saw you in a "traditional" job Tab. It just doesn't fit you! Working full-time now is actually nice after graduate school. It feels like a breeze, even though I continue to learn about myself as a teacher. I decide when I take things home, or what I leave at the office, or when I want to grade those papers. The freedom and time is wonderful, and will be even better when Jonathan is through his application process!