So I went to the consignment store. The store was VERY full. The owner was there and was evidently just about to leave with a bunch of stuff to go to storage. Perhaps not the best day for consignors. I was offered $21 cash or $30-something credit. My response? Big whoop. I asked the sorter/payer lady why. She said they already have a ton of baby jeans and short-alls, a ton of onesies and some of the stuff was "stained." I was bummed. And I came home with maybe half a bag less than I started with. I even packed a box of toys to take and when I saw how overloaded the toy section was, I didn't even bother. Grrrrr.
What did they take, you ask? A pair of brand new shoes from Target (we don't wear dress shoes) and several sets of brand new pajamas. Beyond that, I don't even remember.
I have a friend with a baby boy and a son a little younger than Andrew so I'm offering her what's left and the rest goes to a fundraiser rummage sale. I went back through it all and pulled a few things out and, sure enough, there was some sort of "spill" on a few newborn items that I know wasn't there when we packed them up. Weird. But, wow, there was a lot of good stuff left, including a brand new Old Navy shirt, some Children's Place shirts...I was surprised. They supposedly use some sort of infrared scanner to detect stains (I somehow doubt that) but it's certainly possible that they had been spilled on and I hadn't gotten it out completely. Still, I looked around that store and though, "Oh, come on! NOTHING in here has even a minute stain on it??" Give me a break. If they're so picky, how do they end up with so many "play clothes" for the $5 fill-a-bag event?? What, it fades over time, but was perfect when they took it?? I don't get it.
So I was ticked. I wasted a long drive (due partly to a detour), an hour-and-a-half of time, the gas and by the time I bought the $7 Thomas the Train DVD Andrew desperately wanted and killed time at Walgreens resulting in an $11 purchase--well, I made about two bucks. Sheesh.
Still, I am determined to get rid of the stuff, regardless. DETERMINED!! The toys, too. It's just not as easy as I imagined. Such is life, huh?
I did get two new bottles of Revlon nail polish, one nude and one purple, as a buy-one-get-one-half-off. LOVE them!! It's one of the few brands without the icky ingredients. So that was good.
OK, I'm off to clean out the laundry room. More on that project soon.
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Tab- I totally aggree! Waste of time. They are so picky. They went thru my stuff that was on hangers and ironed! They picked all my name brand stuff and didn't want anything else. Then they offered me some dollar amt that was a joke. I was like you just took all my Gap, Gymboree, Ralph Lauren, and Nike outfits and you offer me that! I will NEVER do that again. I with you! Susie
Post a Comment