Friday, December 7, 2007

And so it begins

Well, it's officially the Christmas season at our house. The decorations are out, the "Cozy Christmas" candle is lit, presents are accumulating and the Mannheim Steamrollers are playing in the background. No tree yet but that's a project for this weekend. I'm almost done with my shopping--mostly because I've been collecting gifts for a month or so. I got Andrew's 3rd Christmas ornament at Hallmark along with a pre-fab Christmas scrapbook, which is right up my ally. Looks cute but isn't so labor-intensive. So things are rolling. The festivities begin tonight as well. Here's the rundown:
* Tonight is the church women's ministry Christmas party
* Tomorrow night is Santa at my neighbor's house and my friend's dessert get-together (both are for the second year in a row--I love traditions!)
* Monday is Bunco, which is also our Christmas party
* Next Saturday is snow and Santa at our neighborhood park and that night is our company Christmas party
* Next Sunday, I'm hosting Christmas dinner for the family here--and cooking my first turkey!
* The next Friday is the church staff and elders Christmas party
And there's some play dates and other fun events mixed in there, too. I've got to get my holiday clothes washed, pressed and ready to go! How many red shirts do I have now...??
I love it. I love the lights up in the neighborhood, the hustle and bustle of shopping and baking, the treats and sweets, the music...I love it all. I do want to be sure to slow down, however, and enjoy it all, too, rather than letting the next few weeks whiz by.
Oh and I finally ordered our Christmas cards! I'm picking them up tomorrow! Our friend, Sara, took the pictures--here's one that's NOT included in our card, so I don't mind you getting a sneak peak! :)
Hope you have a festive and fun weekend!

No comments: