Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Newsletter

Merry Christmas!!

This is us back when we were barely dating in December of 2001 and then this past November, six years later! We've come a long way!


We did have a lot of "big ones" this year--Drew and I celebrated our five-year wedding anniversary in August, Drew turned 30 in October, I turned 30 in November and Andrew turned two!
Drew has been at a new job since January, working in Tempe (yes, it's a long commute) as a recruiter for finance and accounting jobs. When he finds the time, he enjoys playing video games, reading and watching "The Office." He got a new iPod for his birthday and has been having fun catching up on his talk radio shows and listening to his favorite tunes. He continues to serve as an elder at our church after three years which is both challenging and rewarding at times. Never a dull moment! We recently hired a new pastor, Tim, who has brought a whole new energy and vision to our church--we are very excited to see what the future holds there and are so appreciative of our wonderful church family.
Sarah (Drew's sister) attends our church as well and yes, is still our favorite housemate. She is such a wonderful part of our family and such a blessing to us. And Andrew has a blast with her, too!
We have been in our home now for over four years and I can't believe that in March, I'll be celebrating TEN YEARS in Arizona! Wow, how time flies! I think this calls for a fiesta...
We did a lot of fun things this year, too! My grandparents and aunt came from Florida to celebrate my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary in July--they renewed their vows by my parents pool. Here they are with Andrew and my nephew.

Over the summer, my parents treated us to a family getaway to beautiful Prescott, AZ, which was very relaxing and enjoyable. Here's Andrew and I on a walk, enjoying the mountain air:

Andrew brings so much joy and FUN to our lives and amazes us with his ever-expanding vocabulary and budding personality. Only "Terrific Twos" so far!! He's into trucks and trains, loves being outdoors and stays busy all day, every day with his toys, videos and books. He's getting better all the time with counting and his colors and loves Elmo, the color red, dogs and getting into everything! I gave him a bedroom make-over, too--here's the final product:


Andrew and I have also been to the Phoenix Zoo many times, to an Easter egg hunt, the pumpkin patch, the local water play park and many other fun places. His new favorite place is Tumbleweed Park in Chandler, which is where he had his second birthday party. Here he is playing there recently:

He spent the better part of May through September in my parents' pool and is very skilled with the water wings and also does very well without them:

As for me, I love blogging and reading all kinds of fun stuff on the Net but have a goal in '08 to get back to my hobbies like writing, scrap booking and photography. My "Cookie Lee" jewelry business is booming--I just promoted to Unit Manager I! Our new catalog premiers in January so I'm expecting my business to grow like crazy in 2008 as I expand my team. Here I am at a monthly unit meeting:

My Cookie Lee sponsor and friend, Kelly, appeared on the Nov./Dec. cover of our company magazine, too, which was VERY exciting!! Here it is...that will be me some day!

I'm still doing "Southern Living At HOME" as well and continue to enjoy decorating and caring for our home. I discovered The Fly Lady and her system has transformed my daily routines and the way I care for our home--she's at www.flylady.net.
I still host tea parties regularly, attend Red Hat Society events with the local chapter my mom and I head up, entertain, bake, shop and keeping up correspondences with friends and family near and far. This is the fam at a family wedding in November:

I had the opportunity to go on TWO retreats this fall (leaving Andrew overnight for the first time was...great, actually!), both for church and both amazingly rejuvenating and inspiring. I'm enjoying working in the two-year-olds class every Sunday along with serving on the women's ministry team, and recently took over the new moms' group as well. Here's me, my mom and Sarah with my dear friend on the big retreat:

I started a new "job" in October (it's too fun to be considered a real job), helping a dear friend with her 1-year-old daughter at her place of work for about 12 hours a week. Andrew tags along and loves it and I enjoy spending time with my friend so it works out beautifully!
We do stay pleasantly busy as a family with various activities, classes and Bible studies but Drew and I try to have a date night as often as possible--which never seems to be often enough! Here we are at a recent holiday party together:

We are truly "a good kind of busy"...in fact, I just started a new family blog at www.agoodkindofbusy.blogspot.com. We are so very blessed!!
So that's us! Please let us know your latest and keep in touch!
Wishing you a wonderful holiday season and all the best in 2008...
Tabitha (and Drew & Andrew)

1 comment:

Brandie said...

What a blessed 2007 you all had!
Did I read, "expand family in 2008" - Oh, that would be SO exciting!!! You are one busy lady, especially all of your ministries at church. Know that I'm lifting you up in my prayers this morning. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Love ya,
B