Ok, I got tagged in an e-mail and thought I was off the hook--but then Stacy tagged the blog!! Here goes:
1. When do you put up your tree? First week of December (ish). Fake, real, whatever we've got. This year, it's dinky but cute.
2. Favorite Christmas Goodie? Ooo...where do I begin?? My mom's bon-bons...those peanut butter cookies with the chocolate kiss in the middle...Ritz crackers with peanut butter in the middle, dipped in white chocolate...cheese balls...truffles...
3. Favorite Christmas Carol/Song? There's a song my high school chorus sung at the Epcot Christmas program called "When They Saw the Sign" and is still a favorite. "Mary, Did You Know?" also pulls my heartstrings, especially being the mother to a son.
4. Least favorite Christmas Carol/Song? "Santa Got Run Over By a Reindeer" is really the ONLY one I don't like--I love Christmas music!!
5. Do you like eggnog? YES! Only in small doses and as dessert, but--yum!
6. Oddest Christmas present you've ever received? Hm...probably the fifth manicure set from my grandmother. How many do you need??
7. Best Christmas present you've ever received? The year Andrew was born, my parents surprised me with the stroller/car seat combo--I was shocked. They rolled it down the hall with bells attached and my jaw dropped. Wow.
8. Most memorable childhood Christmas present? Probably the "fully tricked out" Cabbage Patch doll: doll, outfits, diaper bag, stroller, the works. I was always a little mommy.
9. Favorite color of Christmas lights? I like white but there's some cute colored ones out there now, too.
10. Tree - Real or Artificial? We've done both, I have no strong preference. We were given an artificial that we've used but the year Andrew was born, my father-in-law insisted on a real one so that was a treat. This year it's an old fake I bought for my bedroom way back.
11. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? ONLY Christmas morning. My parents had wrapped present under the tree from them but then Santa left out unwrapped presents on Christmas Eve. We usually explored the unwrapped gifts, took turns opening the wrapped gifts, then opened stockings. Pastor Scott said once that his family would open presents all day, taking it slowly to spread it out--I think we'll try that this year.
12. One of your family's Christmas traditions - past or present? This one is both, that my mom started the first Christmas my parents were married. She made a meal of Cornish game hens, rice and peas with sparkling cider, and after they ate, my dad immediately went and fell asleep on the couch--MAJOR compliment to the chef! :) So she continued it every year, still does--and now Drew and I do it, too. She also always made the same breakfast casserole to be served Christmas morning with coffee and fruit salad--she still does, and now so do I. We've got a lot--the other one I always appreciated was that, once I was a young teen, she always got me a new outfit, new makeup and a new "scent" for Christmas day. It was fun to have something new, y'know? She and my grandmother always did really good stockings as well. I try to do that for Drew now.
So there ya go!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment