And it's Monday so I'll throw in a "Didja Know?" today...Didja Know I use to be crafty?? It's true! My mom and grandma are both super-crafty so we use to make all sorts of fun things like bird houses, cross-stitching projects, wreaths and more. They both quilt, too, which Sarah has promised to teach me soon. You know I love supporting women-owned businesses...well, now my goal is to "Go Handmade in '08!" and not only buy from women, but to buy handmade items from women whenever possible!! I stumbled on this web site and it's my new addiction. It's called "Etsy" and it's a place where crafty/artsy/creative women can sell their wares. www.etsy.com Now I want to get back to my crafty roots--not to sell, but to ENJOY! And I'm already thinking Christmas '08 is going to be all handmade items, both to give and hopefully to receive!!
This is what I got for a baby gift for my new niece, due in early March. Booties and the matching bib and burp cloth, all for about $26!


So I have this pink scarf I've been wearing and my "boss" admired it (she is hard to buy for) so I decided to order HER a scarf. I thought green would be more fun than plain black or brown.

Then I ordered myself a Valentine's Day scarf in "lipstick red." It's gonna look awesome with black, white, brown, whatever--and lots of heart jewelry!

Then the little one-year-old girl I help with during the week was liking my scarf and even wearing it yesterday, so I went ahead and got her one, too, in a toddler size!!

Even with shipping, each scarf was less than $10 each. And it's so fun to have the gal who made it e-mail you to say "thanks for your order" and tell you she's shipping it out. It's so personal and I feel so good about supporting a crafty lady!! The site is a treasure cove of discoveries...tons of neat stuff. Check it out!! You can save favorite artists or products when you register so you can check back for new goodies.
This one is on my wish list...I'm totally into green AND polka dots...so how cute is this???

And it's only $20!!
I know, I know...how many bags can one woman NEED?? But this one is SO cute and would be perfect for library books and eventually, for away-from-home home-schooling outings. I love the vintage Dick and Jane fabric!!

Ok, OK...that's it for this time!! YOU go take a look! Enjoy--and let me know what YOU'RE making this year!!

No comments:
Post a Comment