Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I am LOVING polka dots!!

Ok, so my "new thing" is polka dots. I've always liked them...they're playful, girly and FUN! But when I started looking for partyware for my birthday, I ran across these polka dot plates and napkins at Target, on clearance. Then I said to myself, "Well, there ya go! Polka dots is my theme!" Low and behold, I found even more at a different Target, then even napkins that said "30th" to match...and polka dot pajama pants to wear TO the party!
Here you can see the plates and the polka dot cake...AND the frame of my family in Florida, IN their polka dot pajamas so they were represented at the party!

Here's me, my sister-in-law, my boss and my friend from church at my party. That's the only polka dot top I own so believe me, I'm on the hunt for more!

Well, once you're onto something, you see it everywhere so now I realize that I'm not the only one who likes them!! In fact, there's a really neat blog about moms who make polka dot crafts!! It's http://www.polkadotmom.com/ They feature new polka dot crafts and the moms who make them.
To shop for polka dot items for kids and moms, their marketplace is http://www.polkadotmarket.blogspot.com/ There's links to some really cute stuff in there!! You know I love supporting other moms with home-based businesses so it's a great find!
Of course now I'm trying to figure out how to have a Polka Dot Christmas. I'm on my way cuz I've been collecting polka dot "stuff." I've got two cups and saucers, a small plate, a cute bowl and four dinner plates. Now I want to find polka dot ribbon for the Christmas tree, a polka dot tree skirt, polka dot fabric for a table runner and ribbon to make these cute ribbon garlands I saw in a magazine. Oh, and wrapping paper.
So I'll keep you posted and take pictures once I've found what I need. Stay tuned--it's gonna be one spotty dotty Christmas!!

No comments: