Friday, December 14, 2007

OK, I finally went...sort of

Yes, I did go to the grocery store, but mostly for Andrew's essentials and our Sunday Christmas dinner. A few things to get Drew through, too, but I was definitely focused on this weekend, not long-term. So...it's better. And we have plastic bags!! Still, though, I breezed down the aisles I usually spend a lot of time on, just cuz I had to keep my brain on track so I wouldn't forget what I was really there for.
So in other news...BEWARE THE AVON EYELASH CURLER!! I was curling my eyelashes this morning and the little plastic cover from one of the handles came off, which made my hand slip and sent the thing right into my eye. I yanked out at least 15 lashes by the roots, and had another 15 on my hand, cheek and sink. My right eye looks ridiculous. Ugh. It was a rough morning. Andrew also decided to throw my Mary Kay compact on the floor, breaking the blush and one eye-shadow, which was right before the eyelash curler incident. He also hit himself in the mouth with my keys in the middle of Hobby Lobby, which made him bleed...then later fell asleep in my arms while still in the store. I got a lot of sympathetic looks--but maybe it was cuz of my one bald eye. I'll never know.
Either way, despite the drama, I also made a gingerbread house (pictures to come), got some shopping done and, as mentioned earlier, got the food for Sunday dinner. I got a fun idea for place cards, too, that I'll post later. Sometimes I do get a creative idea in my head--wait, actually, I saw it in a magazine.
So I'm tired. My glasses are missing but now my eyes have adjusted. Christmas lights sure are pretty when they're slightly blurry.
I also had a gal from church come help me clean the house on Thursday, to free me up to do other things this weekend, thank the Lord. What a blessing. The fumes, however, may have gotten to me cuz today I'm sniffly. Could be that I caught Andrew's cold, too. Anyway, she commented that she doesn't know how I do it all--a toddler, active at church, a home-based business, etc. I was laying in bed thinking about that and feeling a little guilty that I need help when "all I have going" is one kid and a 15-hour-per-week job. And three ministries at church. And a husband. And three home-based businesses, plus a home-based business networking group. And two blogs. And being the family photographer and travel agent. And the holidays!! And cooking (although very little), cleaning, and maintaining a home. And friends, local and faraway. And a spiritual life. And writing and scrap booking and decorating and e-mailing and Bunco and unit meetings and home parties and...you get the drift.
So, yeah. I deserve some help. I don't feel guilty about it anymore, just blessed. I know, I know..."Who LIKES to clean??" but I seriously have a million other things to do to keep our lives running smoothly--cleaning is not at the top of my list. Daily maintenance, yes. Deep cleaning? No. I'm so glad to have had the help and hope she can return.
So there ya go. Tomorrow is snow at the park so I'll be posting the annual picture of Andrew in the sleigh in the snow. Bed awaits.

No comments: