Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Finally feeling better

Wow. What a week. Last Sunday night was when Drew and I BOTH woke up with ear aches and that was the beginning of the end. We had a very rough week, both being sick and not being able to help the other. We'd just look at each other and shrug and try to take turns resting and spending time with Andrew. We both saw doctors and got put on antibiotics--but neither of us felt much better until the weekend and I didn't really feel like myself until yesterday. My ear is still ringing and very stuffy but the headache and pressure have decreased. Little by little, it's improving. Ugh, I haven't had such a bad cold in probably ten years. Yuck. And Andrew was such a trouper. Trooper?? And he seems to be feeling fine, just a little sniffly off and on.
So! Now we're back to the daily grind! With yesterday being MLK, Jr. Day, Andrew and I went to visit my mom after "work" got cut short. We had a picnic at her neighborhood park and had the place to ourselves for about 1.5 hours. Then Andrew slept in the car for two hours, allowing Mom and I to take turns running into stores (Target and Michael's) and sip Starbucks together and chat uninterupted.
My major projects at the moment are:
1. Getting ready for our "Jewels of the Desert" Red Hat Society event this Saturday at the Urban Tea Loft in Downtown Chandler. We're doing a "Red-uation," meaning one of our members hit the big 5-0 and gets to pass down her pink hat and start wearing her RED hat! Mom and I want it to be special and FUN! I got with a gal on www.etsy.com to make red and purple scarves for the ladies (we still love to play dress-up) so I have five orders and hope to sell the rest at the event--they're gorgeous!


2. Getting ready for my Third Annual Valentine's Day Tea Party to be help Saturday, February 9th at 3:00 at my home. Unless you have a garden you'd like to donate for the event--I'd love to it it outside!! :) If you know me and didn't get the e-mail invitation, let me know!! The theme is "Mad Hatter" so I'm going for a quirky, mismatched look--lots of wacky colors and unexpected touches. YES, all guests are required to wear a hat! The sillier, the better! This is my inspiration:

And here's the apron I'll be wearing--Mary E. with tea pots!! No, that's not me--it's a model. And, yes, I got it on www.etsy.com!

So that's enough to keep me busy! I'm off to start a load of laundry--hope you and yours are well and healthy this week! Thanks to all of you who were praying for us. "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much" (James 5:16).

No comments: