This month's Red Hat Society event saw our first RED-uation--a pink hatter turned 50 and now gets to wear the red hat!! It was fun for everyone to wave a wand over her head and give her a wish for the second half of her life then for all 22 of the rest of us to say "You're never too old to play dress up!" and give her the official RHS wave. It was a hoot. Then her mom got to place her red hat on her head--and I saw tears in her eyes!
The event was at the Urban Tea Loft in Chandler and it was a lovely experience.
This is our group (well, most of it). We about took over the whole place!
Most of us had their salad, which was so fresh and tasty. It even had an edible orchid on top! For the tea, they had this neat tea pot that steeped your tea, then when you set it on top of the cup and pressed down, it poured right in! This was my genuine reaction:
Here's my mom with her cup of tea. Isn't she looking fabulous in her full Red Hat regalia??
It was a lovely way to spend an afternoon.
Friday night, Sarah and I went on a date to dinner and the mall--a rare treat. I even got two more bargain items from the J. Jill clearance sale and got a sneak peak at the new spring line. I just need to get a job there. Sarah and I spent a good hour at the Origins store, too, and scored a bottle of $60 serum for FREE! It pays to make friends in those places.
Then I got to stay over night at my parents' house--sans Andrew! Having a leisurely morning to have breakfast and coffee, then being able to take the time to paint my finger and toenails...well, I needed it.
It rained all day Sunday--another rare treat! I took a nap with Andrew after church, all bundled up and cozy. Aaaaaahhhh.
It felt so nice to finally feel well and have energy.
I hope your weekend was enjoyable, too! Did you do anything fun??

No comments:
Post a Comment