Thursday, January 3, 2008

'08 goal #2: embrace healthy living

Yes, it's a broad goal and encompasses several goals...but the point is the healthy part. And that it's a part of life, not a temporary weight-loss fix or a passing fad. So, yes, we're back to Weight Watchers. Not literally--no meetings. But we're counting points and keeping junk food out of the house and eating balanced meals and healthy snacks. Drew wants to lose 100 pounds in '08! My goal is 10. I've got some pre-pregnancy clothes I'd like to fit into again and I'd like to get back to my ending Weight Watchers weight before even considering getting pregnant again. I'm not even going to be all elusive on this one and I know you're wondering...so I'll go ahead and tell you. I weighed in at 160 on the nose on the 1st so my goal is 150. I'm 5'9" by the way, so there's a large span of what's healthy. I was down to about 152 post-Weight Watchers and before the holidays hit back in '04 but I was also super-stressed (I was teaching at the time) and barely eating. After the holidays, I was up to about 154 and in the early part of my pregnancy, was stuck at 156. So...with the whole "Mom belly" going on (it's like the fat redistributes!),150 will probably look very different than it would have three years ago. I may have to be below that to fit into my old clothes. Or maybe I'll just buy new clothes! :) But my boss has offered to take me for a massage at the Red Door spa if I can lose the ten pounds. And with Drew on board, it'll be a lot easier. We're on our way...last night's dinner was grilled chicken, brown rice and veggies. Drew even had enough points for a beer and a pudding cup!! Today I've blown it but the next several days, I'll make up for it. I think it's going to be great.
Besides the Weight Watchers aspect, my main goals are to cut back on sweets and soda...to exercise (we bought a Gazelle!)...and to get better sleep! That combo will definitely add up and I know I'll feel SO much better for it.

No comments: