Sunday, February 10, 2008

I am so in love...

...with this table and chairs!!

Sarah found it for us this weekend. It's from a locally owned and operated furniture store a couple miles from our home and the owner is SO nice. We're in the market for a table and chairs and, although I've seen a few I like, this one seems to have my name on it. It's the new "counter-height" so it's about six inches taller than average and allows you to stand at it. It comes with EIGHT chairs...AND a lazy Susan! And it's green!!! Well, green and a dark wood that will match our kitchen cabinets--and other furniture--beautifully.
My vision has been for a black table and chairs--until I saw this.
Besides the color, which I adore, there's a lot of pros to this set:
1. It has leaf that disappears into the middle of the table, expanding it from a rectangular shape that seats six to a square that seats eight. And no leaf to store!
2. The unique shape means that everyone can reach the table from their spot--eliminating the need to pass dinner items and making it possible to play games together without anyone stretching.
3. The heighth makes it perfect for informal entertaining because you can put munchies on it and people can congregate around and snack.
4. The size and the number of chairs makes it perfect for hosting Bunco (now at my house twice a year) or a scrap-booking group. Or any group! Plenty of space and very comfortable to sit at. It's fun, too, cuz my feet dangle!
5. The price is $600. For the table and EIGHT chairs!! It's a steal.
6. It's from a local store so I'd be supporting a local business instead of a mass retailer or big-box store. Bonus!
7. It's green, slightly "rustic" and very unique. All wood, very well-made and sturdy.
The picture shows it at the angle you'd see it from when you enter our house.

I think it would jazz up the whole living area! I've got a lot of green already, but plenty of taupe and paprika, too. It would be a nice blend.
As a point of comparison, here's the table and chairs I fell in love with in Globe. It seats six and is around $1,000 (maybe $1,200??).

Thoughts? Opinions?

No comments: