Thursday, February 28, 2008

Potty Training

Yes, I've been putting off potty training with Andrew. He's been interested in the potty for a while now and definitely gets the concept. He's displaying lots of readiness signs--can undress himself, goes a while without going, knows when he's about to go #2, etc., etc. As of today, we know he can undress, pull the stool over and get on by himself!! Plus, he knows what to do with te toilet paper--he likes to come in and hand it to me--so helpful, our boy! Anyway, I've never even shown him how to use the stool and all that--we've only used the stool for washing hands! So, I heard him in the bathroom today and just figured he was washing his hands--but walked in to find him like THIS.

Yup, he gets it. I walked in and he said, "Mommy, I go potty." And so it begins. I don't have a clue about potty training so it'll be a learning experience. I've gotta get a star chart and M&Ms, right?? :)

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

I think it was the M&Ms that are the most motivitating to Miss Lorelin, but it really is so different with what works from kid to kid.There are lots of books, etc. I can recommend though. Keep in touch about it - I'll stay tuned in!

Katharine said...

Welcome to the world of potty training boys. A star chart and treats are a must. Have fun:) K