Sunday, February 24, 2008

Week of 2/17

Monday started out week off well--Andrew and I had a "play date" at Nana's with my nephew, Logan! They got along just fine.

We took them to a local park but they weren't very interested. Andrew had fun pushing the stroller, though!!


I also went to Bunco that night--and won my $10 back for last Bunco! Woo-hoo!!
I worked Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday then Drew took Thursday off from work so it was nice to have him around. That night, we had dinner with my "boss" and her kids because her hubby was out of town. The kids had a blast, the food was great and it was fun to get together outside of "work."
Friday, Drew left on a little mini-retreat with the elder team at church and had a good time. Andrew and I headed to my sister-in-law's and we ended up staying all afternoon and evening! The boys again played so nicely together. Andrew loves his cousin and gave him a lot of crazy hugs and kisses!! It was fun for him to play with different toys and he even took a long nap in the guest room!!
Saturday, Nana came over to play with Andrew while I hosted a networking event that ended up being a total flop. I went to a lot of trouble to have so many ladies flake out on me so the next event is going to be held elsewhere. People are so flaky and I'm not exempt, either! My one friend and I had a nice time together, though! After that, Mom and I got to have lunch and chat while Andrew napped, then we ran errands together once Drew returned home. I got lots of new goodies for the kids at "work" (a sorting activity, s shapes puzzle, art paper, some posters, etc.) and a few goodies for me, too! :)
One thing I got were these potted flowers to prettify the front porch--spring is springing!!

I loooove spring--especially the flowers! I treated myself to these tulips and got a bouquet for my boss, too--Mom saw them and said, "Wow, they look so real!" I said, "They ARE!" Heehee.

Today was church and I tell ya, I really appreciate our church family. It's so nice to be encouraged, to be challenged, to worship, to spend time with my favorite two-year-olds, to see old friends...I felt very blessed today. I so enjoy hearing our pastor teach--it's always very real and applicable. And, yes entertaining at times!! Today, he used a game of poker as the visual, talking about whether we're "all in" or whether we fold for the cause of Jesus. We each got a poker chip as that reminder...to ask yourself, "Am I all in or do I fold?" Yes, the Christian life has its challenges and yes, we do often sacrifice and toil to follow Jesus and live a Godly life...but knowing it's not for us, but for the Lord--well, that makes it worth it. We are very blessed and even though Drew's looking for a new job and money is tight and life isn't perfect all the time--we have peace. We know God is in control and the things we go through are to bring Him glory. What's a little temporary struggle if it advances the cause of Christ and brings us closer to Him? A small price to pay.
Tonight, our home group meets here--should be fun!! Hope your weekend was wonderful!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the invite Tab! I have been an absent and ghost reader most of the last few weeks. It's been tough to be in blogland. Lots has been going on here...did you get our update today about the move? I can't remember who I sent it to -- we're headed to Dayton OH this summer for J's internship!!!