Monday, May 12, 2008

A blighted WHAT?

Hi, all. Our best guess (us and the midwife, that is) with this baby is that it was a "blighted ovum"--a fertilized egg that never developed into an embryo. And it seems that my body is about done purging it out, which is an odd relief. It's been a week since this all started and just today, we're finally saying, "OK, it's over." No baby this time.
I now have a stomach bug, to add insult to injury, but will probably feel much better tomorrow, all the way around.
We know God is in control of all this and nothing escapes His notice. This pregnancy, for whatever reason, wasn't "good" and we are at peace about that.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers! I'm off to take a nap.
-Tab

1 comment:

The Smiths said...

Oh dear-heart,

I am SOO sorry to hear that, my friend. My heart hurts for you, even as I know that you are finding peace in God's will for all of you. Thanks for posting, and I will be praying.