Tuesday, May 6, 2008

You know you had a fun evening when...

...your living room ends up looking like THIS.

After weeding in the yard, doing bubbles and playing in the hose, we came inside and did Legos, coloring, stamping, play dough, computer, trains...and then were too tired to clean up after ourselves. It's the whole "it'll still be there in the morning" mentality: better to play and have fun than worrying about a neat living room, y'know? I can clean any time but my boy loves it when I actually sit and play with him. He knows he doesn't have your undivided attention unless you're sitting next to him, actually engaged in the activity at hand. If I go off to put laundry in the dryer, he'll come find me and say, "Mommy, sit," and yank me down next to him. Well, he was very happy to have me sitting with him because he would stop what he was doing and lean over to pat me on the leg and say, "Mommy sit." In two-year-old language: "Thanks for taking time out for me, Mom."
I found this as I was uploading the pictures. I just put a new picture of him as the computer wallpaper and he evidently took a picture of it. Probably thought, "Hey, cute kid. Cheese!" Heehee.

No comments: