Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend

On Saturday, Andrew got another big boy haircut, FINALLY. He HATED it. Loved playing with the trains beforehand, screamed the entire time she cut his hair, and was perfectly fine the instant he got out of the chair. Or fire engine, actually. Not a big haircut fan. Wearing the cape, getting his head sprayed with water, a strange woman with sharp scissors pointed at his head...can't blame him. But he looks good!!
Here's his "before:"

And here he is, hating it. Next time, we'll put in an Elmo video. Oops. At least she was fast!

And here's the "after." Now his ears stick out!! Sunday, we put gel in it and spiked it and it looked even better.

Afterward, we treated him to chicken stars and a milkshake to keep him occupied while I shopped the maternity section of Goodwill on half-price day. The store near my mom is AH-mazing. HUGE assortment, tons of great brands and all half price!! I paid no more than $3.50 per piece and got one pair of shorts and probably ten tops for $27. Most of them were from Target or Motherhood, so, hey. It works.
After Goodwill, we headed back to my folks' and met up with Brandon, Julie and Logan. The boys got to wade in the pool and swim some, too.

Andrew took a decent nap, giving me the chance to catch up everyone and then we all had burgers for dinner. They actually tasted good, which is a rarity these days for me. Andrew even got to go to the park but it was short-lived because he loves pulling the wagon back to their house.

So Sunday was the usual crazy day it always is. But things are looking up! Two more weeks of Financial Peace University and at least we'll have one less thing. I'll be done in the twos class after this month, too, so that'll be a nice break as well. We may even change our home group to more of a one-on-one thing, especially since I'll be starting up the moms' Bible study soon, too. But hopefully, we'll have a little more freedom with our weekends soon. We're thinking one thing: weekend road trip!! Before it gets too hot.
Then last night, I felt like I was coming down with something and have been feeling ooky today off and on. Hopefully it's a fluke and not what I have to look forward to for the next two months. My energy level is down, too. We all had a terrible night's sleep last night (the combo of me having a nightmare and Andrew's diaper leaking) so Andrew and I took a marathon nap after work today. Still, we're both a little cranky.
Drew did something amazing while I was at my folks: he cleared up our bedroom and master closet, setting aside my clothes to sort and hang, and threw out multiple garbage bags worth of stuff. It was that project that was so overwhelming, I never really started. What a huge blessing. I need to spend about an hour in there dealing with winter and maternity clothes and it'll be totally done, where it would have taken me...well, weeks. Drew's like, "It's so much easier to get stuff done when Andrew's not here." Reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy????? Huh!! So that's a huge relief and it's so nice to be able to enjoy our bedroom again. Aaaahhh. My husband rocks.
So there ya go. Hope your weekend was terrific!!

No comments: