Friday, March 28, 2008

The AFTER: Bathroom re-do

I love finishing projects!! Here's my latest.
When Drew and I were engaged back in 2005, the palm tree motif was at its height so I registered for palm tree-themed bathroom decor. Palm tree shower curtain, matching towels and red "sultan" bath rugs to match. We accessorized with palm trees as well and even had a camel. This is the only picture I could find of the old room, but you get the idea.

About the first of this year, I got the itch to change the bathroom and lemme tell ya--it wasn't hard to let go of it all. Actually, we kept the camel. He's a part of the family now. But I changed the rest.
My inspiration was the "blue temple garland" Amy Butler fabric I fell in love with.


I found a gal on Etsy to make me hand towels and a tissue box cover, then I had to search high and low to match the aqua-esque blue colors. I finally found a decent match and I do love the bright shade of blue. Yes, I'm getting another bath towel. So, without doing any major projects, I kept the khaki walls got a new white waffle-weave shower curtain for a spa feel (thanks, boss, for the gift card!!), then accessorized with more blue and green. My friend, who is my best Southern Living At HOME customer, described it as "Very Southern Living." I'll take that as a compliment. A lot of it IS SLAH, actually--the "Acanthus Votive Centerpiece" basket, the green and blue vase/tooth brush holder and the green glass candle holders. I love my SLAH business!!

I love the flowers on the ledge over the tub and the way the white lightens up the room.

I swear, the whole house seems lighter. I get that "aaaaah" feeling when I go in there. Nice.

No comments: