Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The pool is officially OPEN!!

Yes, the Patrician Paradise (a.k.a. 'Nana's pool') is now officially open for the season--Andrew took the inaugural dip yesterday in 70 degree water!! He didn't get in above the waist but he sure didn't mind playing in the shallow area for over an hour!!
Here he is, testing it out. Silly me, I thought he'd just put his feet in and be done with it.

Then I gave up and took his clothes off so he could really play. It did take him some time wading around to get use to the temperature.

He really liked pouring with this new toy. He sat on the side, re-filling cups and pouring them out, for a long time.

Then I realized we'd be at this for a while so I put his suit on him. He got a kick out of throwing these balls out, then fishing them back with the net.

And he still liked fetching water for his water toys. He's a busy boy.

I will admit, despite enjoying the cooler temperatures here, I have been looking forward to being back in the pool--and now we are!! Probably until October! He loves it and it tires him out so I'm excited. I won't be going in until it hits 80 degrees, though!!
After his swim, he took a nice little nap until Nana got home, then he went to the park with Papa while us girls went to the store--then he did some nice coloring (his new favorite activity) with these new triangular crayons that encourage the tri-pod grip for writing later.

All in all, a fun spring day!! The first, undoubtedly, of many!

No comments: