Here's Andrew in 2006 at almost four months old...

in 2007 at almost 16 months old...

and in 2008 at two-and-a-quarter.
And here he was this year, goofing off with Nana. He though the headbands were a riot.
Yep, another whirlwind weekend. I'm worn out. Phew! We'll start with...
Thursday: My father-in-law came into town so he hung out here and enjoyed watching Andrew with this goofy toy of a plastic ball with some sort of weasel attached. It runs on batteries so it spins and moves. I call it "Toddler Torture." Andrew wanted the ball--withOUT the rat attached!! He started calling it "Doggy Ball." and would chase it around and WANTED it to be turned on--but ran away from it and wanted us to to turn it off. Mommy torture, too. He took a nice nap, though, then we all went out to dinner--quite a treat!! Then I had a Women's Leadership Meeting for church afterward and didn't get home until 10:00.
Friday: Ok, I don't remember anything that eventful about Friday and, in fact, I think we ended up having a quiet evening at home. NICE!
Saturday: I had a networking meeting and, thankfully, it was at a coffee shop with a kids' area and Andrew played happily for two hours while I talked to some fellow home-based businesswomen. After that, it was off to my boss's house for an Easter egg hunt and lunch. Andrew played and played and I got to visit with the ladies, eat a nice meal and hang out. Andrew went home exhausted and took another good nap. That night, we ended up staying in as well.
Sunday: Oy vay, seriously. Church, church and more church. We ALL went to first service, then Drew served in the twos class WITH me second service. It was --chaotic, as usual. Twos are a hard little group but I love 'em!! Drew made lunch while I put Andrew down for a nap and we had just enough time to do our detailed budget after church before leaving again for Financial Peace U, followed immediately by our home group meeting. We got home at about 8:00--spent. Sundays are looooong, especially for Andrew. He does well, all things considered.
Monday: St. Patrick's Day! I "worked," then Mom came over to help me prepare for hosting Bunco. Andrew finally napped, allowing me to go to the store withOUT him and buy all the food. Thanks, Boss, for the gift cards!! Then I cooked and cleaned until all the ladies came--all 14 of them. It was a blast--but I'm glad we're not hosting again until September!! We served tons of green food (pesto pasta, salad, bread, spinach dip and crackers) then green punch and mint/chocolate ice cream sandwiches for dessert. Yum, yum, YUM!
Tuesday: Mom stayed over last night since Bunco goes so late, then we spent a leisurely morning together and headed for the Phoenix Zoo. Andrew only lasts about two hours each time we go but we saw a totally different part of the zoo this time so it was really fun. He always pets the goats, though!! Here's us at Griffin's Barn, built in memory of the son of a friend of ours from our Hallmark days. We always go to the barn when we visit the zoo.
Here's the three things he enjoyed most at the zoo:
1. The donkey. It put on a little show for him, digging in the dirt and doing a little dance--it was a hoot!
2. Pushing the button to get the info. on the zebras. This kept him occupied for a full ten minutes. When other kids tried to push it--or even just listen to it--he'd say "Bye-bye" and try to shoo them away.
3. Trying on my sunglasses.
And I actually got stung by a crazy bee--that hasn't happened to me in probably twenty years. Better me than Andrew, though. At least I'm not allergic.
ANYway, yes. Big week. Here's some highlights:
1. I'm wearing contacts now!! I LOVE them!! So much better than glasses.
2. Mom bought a wagon for Andrew and Logan and it worked out really well at the zoo. It'll come in handy a lot. I can't wait for this time next year when both boys will be more apt to enjoy the zoo together.
3. Andrew as decided to potty train himself since I'm not so gung-ho. We heard him in the bathroom so I darted in there. He had taken his diaper off and was quickly climbing up on the potty. He positioned himself and pushed his little winky down and I said, "Are you going pee-pee on the potty?" and sure enough--he tinkled in the potty!! And wiped, flushed and washed his hands!! So I cheered and we told Aunty Sarah and Daddy and he got a jelly bean! :) I suppose I ought to start potty training him. Ugh. He seems ready, it's just that I'M not!! We'll take it slow.
4. I'm not pregnant so we have officially avoided a 2008 baby!! Yes, that's exciting!! Our November/December is jam-packed with birthdays and I was resolved NOT to have another baby at the end of the year--and we avoided the window of opportunity so now we're posed for a baby--God willing--SOME time in 2009. Woo-hoo!! I'd love a Spring baby next year--how fun!
5. St. Patrick's Day marks the ten-year anniversary of my prickly pear cactus tattoo and the day before we left Florida to move to Arizona. I'll write more about that on the anniversary of the day we arrived here. But, man, ten years flies by. And my tattoo looks as good as ever--even after being a week past my due-date with an eight-pound baby!
So there ya have it--you're all caught up!!

1 comment:
I love your son's curls!
Post a Comment