Saturday, October 13, 2007

Can I really be married to a 30-year-old??



No, it's not that my husband is immature...it's just that 30 seems so...grown up!! Adult-like! OK, fine, OLD. And in just over a month, it's gonna be ME!! How can we already be 30??? Remember when the "Friends" gang turned 30 on the show? Joey was like, "Why, God, WHY???" And Rachel didn't want to celebrate at all. It was a big deal! We watch old episodes and I go, "Do we look like that???" Cuz THEY look old!! Course, they really were probably 40 at the time, but still!! We're not in our 20s anymore! YIKES!!! And, of course, I don't mean truly "old", what with 60 being the new 40 or whatever...just not young anymore! Not exactly "youth."
ANYway, now I've got 'til November 29th to wrap my brain around ME being 30. UGH!! Just seeing 3-0 in the title is so...weird!! Yeah, I'm freakin' out a little here. Aren't I still 18?? Or even 25?? Now I know why so many people turn 29 year after year! I get that.
OK, seriously. We did celebrate tonight with dinner, cake and presents. I made a pot roast and veggies in the crock pot, plus we had a Cesar salad and bread. Oh, and D's favorite beer. Flat Tire. Wait...maybe Fat Tire?? Then we had cupcakes for dessert and Drew opened presents. He got a nice shirt, a role-playing book he wanted...and an ipod!! He was very excited, even stunned. Andrew enjoyed the festivities, too, and thinks the ipod is HIS new toy. Uh-oh. He started grinning when we sang "Happy Birthday," I think he thought it was for him. Heehee. Fun evening for all. Here's a picture of Drew with his 3-0 cupcakes (I thought 30 candles would've just been mean)
and Andrew destroying one afterward.
30. Wow. I tell ya, I'm gonna blink and we'll all be turning 40. Time flies.

No comments: