Do you hear the "but" coming? :)
BUT...I am also a bargain shopper and I love a good deal on something I need or love. And because I am familiar with the prices of the items I buy most, I know a good deal when I see it. And it's often on an end-of-aisle clearance shelf at Target. Such was the case tonight. We have somewhat of a mis-mash of plates, cups and bowls. Some Drew had, some we got when we got married...but you know how it goes. A bowl goes missing, a mug gets cracked, your brother-in-law breaks a plate when he drops his gun during a demonstration at Christmas dinner...it's not uncommon. But...a dinnerware purchase hasn't been at the top of my "to-buy list" and I don't typically look for them, either.
However, when cruising through Target this evening while my boys were napping, I wandered into the housewares section and a certain polka-dot plate caught my eye. On an end-of-aisle clearance shelf! The sign said 30% off, but...can it be?? Less than $4 for four really cute polka-dot dinner plates??
And so it was that four new polka-dot plates came home with me tonight. So I promptly baked a batch of "the world's easiest peanut butter cookies" and put them on one of those plates!! And I felt very, very happy. Call me materialistic...but it wouldn't be the first time.
In double-checking that my eyes did not deceive me, I also spotted a set of four beige dinner plates and matching salad plates, perfect to mix-and-match with what we already have, including my orange plates that I'm dying to use for fall. They have that sort of "hand rubbed" finish that I love and a neat braided edge. The clearance price for the set of eight, you ask?? Why, a mere $9 total! Amazing, huh??

No comments:
Post a Comment