Sunday, October 14, 2007

Saturday fun


Yes, today was another Red Hat event, this time for a picnic and museum outing in Mesa, AZ. Lovely weather and Mom brought my lunch, so that was a treat! The museum had lots of neat history, cool exhibits and HUGE dinosours!! Drew would love it so we'll have to go on a date night there sometime. Andrew will love in in a year or two. We went window shopping afterward and found this oversized, PINK cement chair--isn't it a riot??
We also went into one of those shops...has this ever happened to you?? Where you like EVERYTHING?? You just want to move in? It takes you an hour to walk throug the store because you have to examine every nook and cranny and you don't want to miss anything?
I keep a "Dream Home" file of pictures and clippings of homes, rooms and items I collect that speak to me. It has served me well because when I find one of the specific items--or just something that personifies a certain look or feel from a room I've admired--I buy it with complete confidence. So...it was like someone took all my clippings and put them into this store!! Lots of florals, somewhat French Country, rustic, feminine, homey...fabulous. Here's a couple pictures of the store.


I also e-mailed the pictures to a gal who's been helping me organize and prettify our house and she definitely "gets" the look, so...hopefully we can edit and add to what I have to create that feeling. Even before it was so popular, I loved the "Live well, laugh often, love much" motto and have seen many, many versions of it on signs and artwork, but they had a "Live, Laugh, Love" piece framed in black that also said, "The best things in life aren't things." It's the best one I've seen. I think my mom is considering giving it to me as a birthday gift. I must've pointed out ten different things I would love to get as a gift but just about anything in there would be wonderful.
One neat thing they did was put a little bistro table and chairs up on a brick "patio." Just a slab of bricks, right on the carpet! Imagine that in your home. It would be like eating on your back porch, only inside! So now I'm thinking about putting up a cafe curtain in my front room and putting bricks down with my little ice cream shop table and chairs on it. Such a cute spot for a cup of tea with a friend! Something unusual and whimsical. Add a cushion to the chairs and a cute tablecloth...hmmmmm. You can see it in this picture, under the arbor, which I also love!
ANYway, I rushed home to take food to a gal who just had a baby and--catastrophe!! The whole crock pot tipped over in the car, so she and her husband ended up helping ME instead of the other way around. I almost cried--but told myself, "What good would that do?? Pull yourself together!" We had a good laugh and evidently, what was salvagable was good, so...maybe I won't offer to provide a meal for a while. It's not really my "thing." If I don't even cook for my own family, should I really be cooking for other people???
So...it was a busy day. But good! Andrew got a new Wiggles video at the consignment store so Drew and I got a little quiet time while he watched it. Aaaah. Hope your weekend was good, too!!

2 comments:

Brandie said...

Crock Pot Catastrophe - OH MY!!
I have to say, I so love your heart and spirit - and appreciate you more than you'll ever know.
:0)
B

The Smiths said...

My dear girlie,
Miss being at Compass and seeig your smiling face, but your blog is SOO awesome. It's so fun to see what is going on in your life, and your blog is SO fun to read. I'm hooked! :) Really,thanks for sharing!