Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm taking the job!!

Here's the update from my previous post re: a job offer to go with my friend to her place of work to hang out with her one-year-old for a few hours. We did a sort of "practice run" today and it went really well!! They've got a great outdoor play area where we'll probably go first, while it's nice outside. We're going to put up a sandbox for the kids, too, and Andrew'll love playing in the rocks and with all the trucks. Then I'm thinking we'll head inside for a snack...then do some music and movement...then free play...and that'll about fill the 2.5 hours we're there! Andrew and I were home by noon and had lunch and played a little, then he crashed for a nap from about 2:00-5:00. Phew!! But we don't do much in the mornings, anyway, and Andrew was pretty chilled and happy to just play and hang out. My friend said we can buy more stuff that's age-appropriate for the two of them. I think it'll be good for several reasons:
1. helping my friend out
2. getting Andrew use to Mom paying attention to someone other than HIM
3. ME getting use to dividing my attention!
4. us getting into more of a daily routine
Andrew did pretty well with her and is learning to be gentle and kind. They're not big on sharing but I kept them apart fairly well. Overall, it went really well and I think it's going to be a great change for all of us. Plus, it gave my friend and I a chance to talk, which we don't get to do very often!
So I guess I'm now sort of a "working girl" again!! It feels good!
So our evening was pretty quiet, then I got to leave for Bunco at 7:00 and had a nice evening out with the girls. Now the boys are in bed and I'm going to prepare for a class I start teaching tomorrow night at church. I'm excited--but nervous!! Maybe I'll take a picture of my "class" to post. It's going to be a great group!

No comments: