If you haven't heard of the FlyLady, YOU WILL. The same week I was told about her, another blogging friend mentioned that SHE had just found her, too. It's a movement, ladies. It's gonna be HUGE.
It's also related to my blog title because FLY stands for "Finally Loving Yourself." Don't we all struggle with that?? Accepting myself, loving myself, feeling worthy of the best things in life...it has been a really big part of my journey in finding my authentic self in these recent years. I think that just like how men have their identity wrapped up in their careers or jobs, we women identify ourselves in our homemaking. It's a big deal!!
I have certainly had my days--and weeks--where I was living in what FlyLady calls "CHAOS:" Can't Have Anyone Over House Syndrome. You're embarrassed when friends drop by or a neighbor rings the bell because there's a pile of dishes in the sink, toys strewn all over the floor, a layer of dust on all the furniture, etc. FlyLady offers tons of tips and techniques to restore order and beauty to your home and it has made an amazing difference in our home and our family.
I'm considered a "perfectionist" in FlyLady terms, because I don't start projects because I'm too overwhelmed and can't figure out WHERE to start. So I do nothing! Which is why FlyLady works for me--it's a system, a to-do list, a step-by-step approach. A place to begin. And when you're done with the task, you feel that sense of accomplishment...and you want to do more!
When you subscribe, you do get inundated with e-mails (they warn you about this) but they tell you to take Baby Steps so that you don't get overwhelmed. So I followed their 31-day program (called Beginner Babysteps on the home page menu), with the promise of $100 when I completed it from my DH, and am LOVING the results. I've got my morning and nightly routines down pat, which is a lot of what the first 31 days is all about--establishing new habits. The cool thing is, you have one task each day (which build on each other) for the 31 days but then you have the option of doing other projects and "assignments." I found that once I got a handle on things, I had "free time" to do FUN project--like rearrange the tops of my kitchen cabinets, as shown in the picture. Day 1 is "shine the kitchen sink." That alone had my husband hooked. It's awesome.
ANYway, it's all at www.flylady.net. If you're interested, check out the site!! Sign up!! Jump in!! And let me know how it goes.
This is one of the things that has changed my life and I hope it does the same for you.

No comments:
Post a Comment