Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday Coffee Talk




Ha!! Not really even one moment of peace and quiet today...but a busy day in a GOOD way!!
8:00 up and at 'em! No sleeping in today! Well, actually, 8:00 IS sleeping in--but not enough!
9:15 at the jewelry showroom picking up a bracelet for my mom
10:15 arrived at my parents' house for my dad's birthday brunch celebration. We had a lovely breakfast casserole, bacon, potatoes, fruit, mimosas, coffee...yum!! Brunch is my favorite meal!! Dad got lots of bird-related gifts for their yard. They've got a lot of wildlife as it is but now they'll have even more--and hopefully lots more hummingbirds!
12:15 swimming, picture taking, watching the Florida Gators play on their HDTV...it was great!! Andrew took a nice, long nap, too.
4:00 headed home
5:00 arrived at a birthday party for my neighbor/friends' two kids, turning 1 and 4. Andrew had a blast swinging, sliding, playing in the sand, playing with a truck, and playing with his daddy!! I was a blast. My friend knows how to party!!
7:00 I arrived home to realize I was already late for my Mom's Night Out!! So I walked in and back out again and headed to Bunco. Some new moms to the church were there, which is always good, then a couple moms who don't usually attend events and then a few regulars. It was so much fun!!
9:30 arrived home to find Andrew in bed. Nice!!!
PHEW!! I did have a nice cup of coffee at my folks' (which is my #1 goal on Saturdays)...and it was a pleasant, peaceful day for the most part...a pretty perfect Saturday, despite being a little rushed. Andrew was happy and played well, no major incidents, everything was fun and upbeat, I got to hang out with a lot of my favorite people...so, yeah!! Good day!! Hope yours was, too!!
P.S. The pictures are of me and my dad; Andrew with a dolphin painted on his leg and a doggy balloon; and my DH and I having mimosas.

2 comments:

Dave Grimes said...

Nice blog Sweet Baby! Can you show me how to start one?

Fat Man

Tabitha said...

Kewl, Dad!! You're gonna be an awesome blogger dude!! I'll hook you up--it's super easy!!