YES, I actually got to enjoy a leisurely breakfast and coffee with my mom this morning!! Woo-hoo!!
My mom spent the night at our house to watch Andrew Friday night and this morning for church-related activities I/we had to attend. So I got up early and made us breakfast. My DS did wake up once, but my DH got him back to sleep, God bless him. We had breakfast casserole; fresh peaches with yogurt and granola; and cinnamon rolls. And a yummy organic coffee I found for $2!!! I need to go back and buy more. We used my new fall mugs, too, and had a chance to actually chat uninterrupted. So luxurious!! It was a lovely morning and such a nice way to begin the weekend.
After that, I went to church for a planning meeting for our upcoming women's retreat, then had time to run a few errands I'd been putting off. The "too-hard-to-do-with-a-toddler-in-tow" kind of stuff, like going to the bank and getting a Sam's Club membership!
Then I came home and was able to visit with my mom more and have a nice lunch, then took a little nap with Andrew. This evening, we went to a neighbor's birthday party--gumbo, YUM!--then spent some time at the park to wear Andrew out.
Then...here's where it gets really good...I was able to close my bedroom door and indulge in a nice soak in the tub!! Did a full body scrub, a face mask and listened to Enya! I love these cool "petals" that I you toss into the water. They float briefly, making me feel like I'm some kind of forest nymph bathing in a stream...then they dissolve slowly and leave behind lovely, lightly-scented bubbles. After a relaxing soak, I got out and painted my fingernails and read a magazine to top it off. Now, THAT'S a good Saturday!

No comments:
Post a Comment