Seriously, moms don't get days off!! My DH was home sick today and I found some icky tissues laying around and I said, "Babe!! Throw these away! I can't get sick, I don't GET days off!" If I'm sick...oh, well!! Can't belly ache, can't stay in bed all day, can't just NOT fulfill my Mommy and Wifely Duties!! Puh-leez. I'd still have to play "Where' the train??" and be shocked when we discover it under the bed...I'd still have to change diapers...I'd still be making pb&js, going to the park, clapping when DS goes down the slide, making dinner, loading the dishwasher...no getting around it!
I have to say, I am blessed with a strong immune system cuz I rarely get sick. I attribute that to good genes and the fact that I sweat more than the average person. It's like extra detoxifying. And Andrew, praise the Lord, has NEVER been to the doctor for being sick. Two VERY minor colds and two VERY minor stomach bugs and that's it.
Then even when I do catch something, be it a cold or stomach bug, it doesn't last more than two days. Last time, Andrew and I just slept more. Course, he'd caught a version of it, too. But no big deal. But now, he's a bundle of energy and we have no TV to play babysitter, so there's no way I could get away with that, so...extra vitamin C tonight!
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment