Saturday, September 1, 2007

YES, I really lived in Graceville!

I spent the best four years of my childhood in Graceville, Florida, while my dad attended seminary at what was then the Baptist Bible Institute. Now it's called Baptist College of Florida. Here's their site:
https://www.baptistcollege.edu/
We lived on a farm--complete with hogs, horses and plenty of stray dogs--in a dinky green farmhouse with a tin roof and a huge oak tree out front. A picture of the house appears under my profile.
You'll think I'm kidding but I honestly didn't really get the double meaning until the day I started this blog--of how I now, to this day, live in God's grace every day of my life. AND, I'm always (always) in the process of redefining myself based on my ever-broadening view of God and how He sees ME. My "bad days?" They're the days when I try to do everything myself and I'm not focused on living by God's grace. My goal? To "find myself in Graceville" every day of my life. I hope to see you there.

No comments: