Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Job and class updates

Well, my class at church had 17 women--WOW! A lot of "heavy hitters," as Drew called them, too!! Some new faces as well, including two gals who are new to the church and have young children. Yeah! It was a lot of instruction so I talked a lot, whereas the rest of our sessions will have THEM doing activities and assessments and interacting. So I feel like it's all downhill now...and it seems like a really nice group--a great mix of ages and phases. I feel truly humbled and honored to be "teaching" the class. It's very exciting!!
As for the job, after day 2, things are still going great! My friend and I are still working on adapting it to suit the two of them (ages 1 and almost 2, where the toys and stuff are more suited to her four-year-old) and now we'll have a CD player so I can do some fun "music and movement" time, too. Between outside play, snacks, diaper changes and free play...the time will fly by! And just being able to take cash to grocery shop and buy gas this week--and not dipping into Drew's hard-earned money--is such a huge blessing.
We came home today and both crashed for three hours--him even longer!! This new schedule will be an adjustment, but a good one! We'll be up early again tomorrow for another long (and fun) day! I will say that he is adapting to the change very well, all things considered, and seemed excited when we arrived today and settled right in like we do it all the time. He's a pretty go-with-the-flow kid, thank the Lord. The two little ones always sleep in the car on the way home, too! I guess I wear them out!
It's weird, just staying home and running things around here seemed like a true full time job all these months...21 of them, in fact! Now, I really have to give credit to working moms--no matter how many hours!--who have to juggle everything, especially more than one kid! I don't know how they do it! I'm still trying to find the balance. We are going to take our DS to my folks' house Friday night so we can have some time together...we had an activity, one or both of us, EVERY night this week. Yeesh. We need it! And Drew offered to let me stay overnight at my folks', too, since Mom and I have a red hat event Sat. at noon. It would be a nice break from our DS and it's always nice to spend time with my parents without the distraction of our monkey man, so...I may take him up on the offer.
I'm tired, despite our long nap...and hormonal, too, which may explain me crying yesterday when Andrew wouldn't nap! :) So I'm beat and off to bed. Grocery shopping will have to wait another day!!

No comments: